Hot summers but we are coffee lovers.
Coffee is not only a morning drink but also a feeling. A cup of coffee can make our mood or ruin our day. Some of us like to have a morning coffee but some like to have an afternoon cup of coffee when we are tired of work and need something to refresh ourselves.
On hot days most of us don’t want to have a hot drink so here we brought you a cooler alternative, Cold Brew Coffee. Cold brew coffee is easy to make.
Remember, for every coffee you drink it matter what you’re choosing. The type of roast, beans, and quality of coffee you are using play an important role in flavoring your coffee.
No one wants to have a coffee that doesn’t taste good. For you, we have the best coffee that will make your cold brew tastier. Here are some top pickups of the best coffee for cold brew.
1. Lifeboost Organic Light Roast Beans
A coffee with taste and earns you good deeds too. A part of every bag you purchase goes for protecting the environment.
- It’s a bit expensive, remember quality over everything.
- These are Less acidic which means no stomach issues.
- It’s mycotoxin free and cultivated, hand-picked, and hand-roasted by local farmers.
Want organic Coffee beans for your cold brew? These are the best coffees for cold brew.
2. Stumptown Hairbender Blend
It has a rich texture of Indonesia balanced by Latin American and African classic flavor.
- Hairbender got an accent of citrus and dark chocolate in it.
- Stumptown delivers almost all the flavors of coffee such as; citrus, dark chocolate creamy, caramel, clove, bittersweet chocolate, candied, milk chocolate vanilla, cocoa powder, and toffee.
- This smooth coffee gives 12 ounces of the whole bean just for $15.
Want some flavor of chocolate on your tongue in form of cold brew? These are the best coffee grounds for cold brew.
3. Olde Brooklyn Coffee French Roast Whole Bean
Olde Brooklyn coffee beans are roasted and small-batch in New York so that it captures the aroma and freshness in your blind which are from Columbia, Brazil, and Guatemala.
- You will get a rich taste, which will capture all your attention.
- It has a dark and strong coffee with some smoky-sweet twist flavor.
- Its aroma is fascinating and its taste is well defined.
Want a simple amazing coffee blend for a brew? Here are your best coffee roast for cold Brew
4. Kicking Horse Coffee – Smart Ass
Want to wake up wise? The smartest coffee is for you
- This smart-ass coffee has the accent of Tart red currant, the flavor of sugarcane, and milk chocolate with some honeyed berry body.
- It has the mesmerizing aroma of sweet syrup, vanilla bean, and stone fruit.
A coffee that will help you to think wisely and deeply in the morning with something cool.
5. Koffee Kult Dark Roast
Koffee Kult beans are immediately roasted before packing.
- Koffee Kult’s Dark roast means strong, bold, smooth, and has a sharp taste.
- The package is specially designed to store your coffee beans not to make them stale. It comes with a resealable bag that doesn’t allow its flavourful taste to escape.
- Its aromas have some notes of cocoa and cinnamon.
This is one of the best coffee to use for a cold brew with a strong and sharp taste of the coffee.
6. Café Du Monde Coffee with Chicory
This coffee first came to North America. The taste for coffee and chicory came into existence by the French during their civil war.
The roots of the chicory plant are roasted and ground then added to the coffee which softens the bitterness of the dark roasted coffee.
- The chicory adds body and flavor to the brew.
- This coffee is affordable.
- Though it’s served traditionally with hot milk can be used even cold for your brew.
Want something smooth? This one’s for you.
7. Intelligentsia Frequency Blend
The beans of Intelligentsia Frequency Blend have a composition of Brazilian coffee and are washed with Zambian coffee taste.
This coffee is made by adopting a few ways of growing coffee traditionally and few ways from data and insight.
- It has a dominating taste of milk chocolate with a few accents of almond And dried fruits.
- It is also known as “chuggable” coffee because of its balanced flavors.
2 tablespoon of Intelligentsia Frequency Blend can be your favorite cold brew beans.
Best Coffee For Cold Brew – Ultimate Buying Guide
What is a cold brew?
We all have such questions in our mind, What is Cold Brew? How Cold Brew Coffee is made? How Cold Brew Coffee is prepared? Is cold brew is as same as iced coffee?
So, here is the answer to your questions.
Cold brew coffee is made from coffee beans by brewing process that means the coffee beans are soaked in room temperature water or cold water, overnight or about 12 hours and more, and then filtered.
It brings out rich flavor from coffee beans that’s why it tastes so smooth and flavorsome.
Benefits of cold brew
Cold brew coffee is one of the easiest ways to make your coffee. All you have to do is to soak beans for some hours and filter it, dilute it as per your choice and then have a smooth and flavoring coffee with a cooling effect.
During a hot brew process, the beans are passed through hot water and the acids are released into coffee making it more acidic. Cold brewed coffee can be 70% less acidic than normal traditional hot coffee.
This coffee is not made by subjecting it to a higher temperature then, Why go for a hot coffee when you get almost the same amount of caffeine in a cold one?
Cold brew coffee and hot coffee contain a similar amount of caffeine. An even higher amount of caffeine is present that makes it stronger than other coffee, if not diluted.
Health Benefits of Cold Brew
May boost your Metabolism
Caffeine, the important part of coffee, helps to boost metabolism, which means that coffee helps us to slow down the absorption of sugar.
Lower risk of heart disease/ Healthier heart
The caffeine, magnesium, and other compounds present to reduce the risk of heart disease and give you a healthier heart.
It contains acids that act as antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents which help to maintain the health of your heart.
Help you to lower your blood sugar level
Drinking cold brew coffee regularly can lower the blood sugar level helping you to maintain your sugar level and keeping you healthy.
Helps to burn fat/ to lose weight
Coffee contains caffeine, magnesium, and potassium which help to lose weight. The higher your metabolism rate, the easier it is to lose weight.
Better for the stomach than hot coffee
Hot Coffee can also irritate your small intestines, causing cramps, abdominal spasms, and alternating constipation and diarrhea.
As cold brew coffee is less acidic because it has not been subjected to a higher temperature than usual coffee, it has a less acidic impact on the stomach.
Drawbacks of a cold brew
Coffee can cause insomnia and restlessness
Once again caffeine, caffeine is what helps us to keep alert and if it is not taken properly or taken in a larger amount then it may cause restlessness and insomnia.
That’s why everyone suggests not having coffee late at night if you don’t want to stay up late.
Coffee can be toxic
This can happen if the beans have been over-ripened or ruined. This only happens when you go for a low-quality coffee. It may cause sickness headaches or restlessness.
Avoid coffee when you are pregnant
During pregnancy you carry a fetus, he eats what you eat, a new baby is highly sensitive to caffeine. So avoid coffee and take not more than a cup of coffee in a day.
How will I choose the right coffee for cold brew?
Choosing the right Cold Brew isn’t that hard, all you have to keep in mind what you need.
Arabica or Robusta Beans?
The Coffee beans grown from Arabica plants are known as Arabica or Coffea Arabica.
Robusta coffee beans are grown in Coffea canephora plants.
- Arabica tastes nutty and fruity, which makes delicious milky drinks while Robusta is intensely rich in quality and smooth works beautifully.
- Robusta tastes stronger than Arabica.
- Robusta has more caffeine as compared to Arabica. Robusta has nearly double the amount of caffeine than Arabica.
- Robusta is less in price than Arabica.
- Robusta beans look more circular whereas Arabica is more oval.
- 60% to 75% of world Coffee is Arabica, whereas the remaining is Robusta.
- Choose which is better for your cold brew coffee.
Single Origins or Blends?
Single-origin coffee is the one that comes from the same growing region or the same country. Single-origin coffee has its true taste and aroma of its region.
Single-origin has its unique taste which can be served with its uniqueness. Blends grew in different origins, then blended.
Blends mixed with different kinds of coffee beans can focus on some characteristic flavor and blend accordingly. Single-origin is more expensive than a coffee blend.
Coffee comes in a dark, light, or medium roast. It’s completely up to you which roast you choose to depend upon your flavor.
Light roast coffee beans are lightly roasted meaning they are roasted for a short period and removed immediately after the first crack. Light roast is grainy and more acidic in taste.
Medium roast coffee beans, roasted for a longer period, were removed just after the first crack. The medium roast has a more balanced flavor and acidity compared to another roast.
Dark roast coffee is roasted for a long period, just until the second crack or shortly after that. A dark roast takes a long time so it is bitter, smokey, and slightly burnt in taste.
Your equipment plays an important role in flavoring your coffee. The brewing container and filter are important equipment which helps to flavor your cold brew coffee.
1. Airtight Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker and Tea Infuser with Spout – 1.0L / 34oz Ovalware RJ3 Brewing Glass Carafe with Removable Stainless Steel Filter
This will help you to brew coffee and it is easy to clean. The great figure of this coffee maker will attract you and will convince you to buy this product which costs not more than 30 dollars. Its glass body makes it more expensive than it is.
2. Godinger Cold Brew Coffee Maker, Iced Coffee Dispenser – 1 Gallon (3.78L)
An airtight container to lock the freshness of your coffee for weeks. Easy to use and easy to clean and can store 10 cups of coffee. if you don’t like to brew coffee every night, this one’s for you.
3. Cafe du Chateau Cold Brew Coffee Maker – 34 Ounces – 304 Grade Stainless Steel Filter – Borosilicate Glass Body – Iced Coffee Maker – Dual Layer Airtight Silicone Seals
Do want a coffee filtered properly this will help you to filter coffee. Easy to use this for making your brewed and easy to clean.
Systems for brewing cold brew coffee
There are some different methods for you to brew your coffee. While making a coffee the time-temperature and grind play an important role in flavoring your coffee.
How temperature, time, and grind affect?
- The colder the water, the longer it will take to brew your coffee.
- The longer the brew time, the tastier the coffee will be. Because it will extract the whole flavor.
- The coarser the grind of your coffee, the longer the brew time needed.
So here are 6 ways to make cold brew coffee
- Immersing the beans in a glass jar then filtering it.
- Immersing the beans in water inside a filter bag or coffee sock
- Slow drip method (e.g. Bruer, towers)
- JaToddy (immersion method)
- French Press (immersion method)
- Japanese pour-over (not technically cold brew)
Recipes Of Cold Brew
Cold brew coffee is made from coffee beans and water but concentration plays an important role. You can dilute it according to your taste and enjoy cold brew coffee at home.
Make Starbucks style cold brew coffee at home.
Easy Cold Brew Coffee Recipe.
The amount of dilution plays an important role in flavoring your cold Brew. You can use your favorite milk like oat milk, coconut milk, and even cream for a tasty cold brew coffee. Make It Now
Decaf Cold Brew Iced Coffee
When caffeine is causing problems then decaf or decaffeinated cold brew coffee is a solution. Brew Now
Can You Use Regular Coffee for Cold Brew?
Coarsely ground coffee makes the best cold brew. You can use any variety of coffee for your cold brew. It completely depends on you what kind of Coffee you want to choose. A bad coffee has the potential to ruin our day, choose wisely.
Is Cold Brew Coffee Healthier?
Coffee beans when brewed with hot water exposed to high temperatures, lose some of their health benefits and antioxidants. That’s why cold brew coffee is healthier and it’s less acidic.
Is Cold Brew Coffee Good for Weight Loss?
It’s easy to lose weight with the help of coffee. We have to remember that coffee with the right formulation and drink at the right time then one can lose weight with the help of coffee.
Can you make a decaf cold brew?
Yes, you can make the Decaf Cold Brew using the same method as cold brew coffee.
What kind of coffee for the cold brew to use?
Some days you like to have strong coffee and some days you like to have light chocolate coffee.
It completely depends on your taste, some like a high roast, some like a medium roast, some like light roast, some like to have little grounds in the coffee, and some like ground free coffee.
It depends on what kind of Coffee you like to have and what Coffee day it is for you.
Why use coarse ground coffee for cold brew?
Using coarsely ground coffee makes the best cold brew and will make the filtration process easier.
Start with coarsely ground beans then slowly work to finer grind until you reach the flavor.
Should You Grind Own Cold Brew Coffee Grinds Or Buy Pre-Ground?
For the best flavor for your cold brew coffee, you should grind it yourself. But if you want to go mess-free you can use pre-ground coffee beans.
A cup of coffee can make our day or ruin our day. Coffee is not just made by coffee beans, the method, the recipe, the equipment used to make a coffee but your love for coffee while making it plays an important part.
For most of us, a coarse grind with medium roast coffee is best. If you haven’t tried yet. Then try it once with the best coffee beans for cold brew.